GRAND REOPENING: 17 MAY 20216 April 2021
Bigger, Badder & Better than Ever!
Updated 6 April 2021
17 May 2021 marks 14 months from the date London entered its first lockdown.
We are pleased to confirm that our hot yoga studios at Canary Wharf and London Bridge are preparing to reopen on that date!
We’re truly excited at the prospect of getting back into the hot room to experience the tingling bliss of a full-on hot yoga or Inferno class. If you’ve missed our online classes on BYL Live, and have like so many become ‘one with your sofa’ then not to worry! Your first session in the hot room will set you on a path to complete transformation of your body and mind!
BYL has grown, introducing its livestreamed classes to add to two superbly located hot yoga studios. Our brand new online platform is currently being developed, and will be bigger, better and badder than ever! In addition to our livestreamed classes, we will be introducing Video On Demand so you can catch up with your favourite teachers’ classes, and practice through our programs so you can set and achieve your goals…stay tuned!
Once the studios open their doors in May, we will of course continue to follow government guidelines for social distancing until they too are finally lifted.
For now, simply bookmark the date – 17 May – and get ready! We will be announcing more details as May approaches! In the meantime, we’re enjoying seeing so many of you on BYL Live where you can catch our most popular classes with many of BYL’s top instructors!
New Protocols & Streamlining
Spring has brought a growing sense of normality, as the UK sees substantial sections of the population getting vaccinated and restrictions being gradually eased. The Government has announced that it will be lifting all social distancing restrictions on 21 June 2021. Until then, we will continue to apply social distancing protocols at the studios.
As we transition back to normal, we will depend on the support of every member of the BYL community to help ensure that we’re all co-existing with our fellow yogis by observing the new studio protocols.
We’ve undergone a lengthy period of lockdown, during which we have all been through our individual journeys that have brought challenges, personal growth and for some even major life changes.
We remain very grateful to all of you who have offered your support to BYL, both with your many positive messages and by continuing your memberships for those who were able to do so (and we appreciate that not everyone was). Your support has enabled us to reopen for our community as the lockdown ended, so once again, we thank you.
Classes will gradually phase into a full schedule. We commenced reopening with a smaller number of classes at each location, all of which will have limited capacity until restrictions are finally eased.
We continue to have up to one hour gaps between classes, allowing people to leave before the next group arrives. We ask our yogis to leave as quickly as possible (within 20 minutes) after their class has ended.
Booking Your Classes in Advance
- You’ll need to book online in advance of attending in order to secure your spot.
- If a class is booked up, you’re welcome to join our wait list. As previously booked clients cancel themselves, wait list spots will be released one by one.
- We ask you to respect our limit of one booking per day per client to help ensure that everyone gets a chance to attend class.
‘No-Show’ and ‘Late Cancel’ Fees
- 3 hour cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend your booked class, you can cancel your class without incurring any fees up to 3 hours before class begins.
- Late cancel window – final 3 hours: If you cancel your class within the late cancel window, you’ll be charged a reduced late cancel fee of £3 plus your class credit.
- If you neither show nor cancel your booking: a £5 no-show fee plus loss of your class credit will apply. Any fees will automatically be charged to your stored card. Once again, at this time it is important to reduce “no shows”. In order to allow everyone the opportunity to book, please cancel the class in your online account in advance if not attending.
- Please ensure you’re checked in at least 10 minutes before class: Please ensure you’re checked in with our reception desk at least 10 minutes before class starts, as waiting list spots are released during the final 10 minutes.
- If a class is fully booked, you will have the option to join our wait list. If someone cancels more than 3 hours before class, you will be automatically moved up into the class and receive an email notification. If someone cancels less than 3 hours before class, you may be manually moved up, and it is recommended to contact the studio to check availability for the class.
- If you have been moved up into class, the same booking rules apply, and you will be charged if you do not show up.
As I Need to Book in Advance, Can I Buy a Package or Membership Online?
Certainly! BYL memberships, packages, gift cards and account top-ups can all be bought on our website Rates page.
We encourage you to secure a package or membership online to make your check-in process quick and smooth. If you need assistance or want to purchase in-studio, our front desk staff is also happy to help.
At the Studios
Our studio premises are well ventilated. Enjoy filtered fresh air oxygenation via air exchange units that change the air multiple times each hour. Our yoga rooms have state-of the art heating systems that continuously extract air from the yoga rooms and introduce new fresh air that has passed through our industrial heaters at very high temperatures of 70-80 degrees C (heat in excess of 56 degrees C eliminates Covid as per WHO guidelines).
The following procedures are to help ensure we can all practice in the best possible environment.
- Please book no more than one ‘in-studio’ class a day: Due to capacity restrictions, we have lots of yogis looking to get back into the hot room, and for the time being, we ask our ‘unlimited’ members to book no more than one in-studio class a day.
- Only attend class if you’re in good health: If you’re feeling at all unwell (even if it’s just a cold), avoid attending the studios until you’re better. If you’ve tested positive for Covid, then you will need to self-isolate following government guidelines.
- Scan the QSR code for the NHS Trace & Test app: The NHS has released its Test and Trace app. At both our studio locations, we have NHS posters with QSR codes. When you arrive for class, please scan the QSR code. Follow Test & Trace protocols which you can read about here.
- Stay socially distanced: When you arrive at the studios, please queue following the government recommended distance. Maintain distance on the premises.
- Masks: Masks are required in all common area of the studios (not required when you are on your mat in the yoga room). If you are claiming an exemption from wearing a mask, then please display an exemption card in order to gain admission to the studios.
- Contactless thermometer: We have walk-up contactless temperature self-check stations at both studios. Check your temperature upon entry. If the indicator flashes green, you’re good to go. If it’s red, we’re genuinely sorry but you’ll need to miss class and return only when you’re certain you are well.
- Hand sanitiser stations: We have hand sanitiser stations around the premises; however, we encourage you to wash your hands frequently.
- Arrive in yoga gear if possible: Please try to arrive dressed for class if at all possible. If it’s not, then rest assured the changing rooms will be open for those needing them (with limited capacities).
- No props provided for now: We have placed signs requesting clients avoid using our yoga blocks, bolsters and yoga belts in the yoga room for the time being. You are of course welcome to bring your own.
- The studios are now cashless
- We no longer accept cash. You’re welcome to pay for items (e.g. mats, towels, water) using our contactless card machines or buy an Account Credit (£10, £20, etc.) and create a “tab” for future purchases. Many of our yogis have enjoyed using the Account Credit system as an easy way to avoid having to carry credit cards around.
- Rent a clean mat or bring your own: As has been our practice for the past 12 years, our rental mats will be washed down and dried completely after every use. You’re also welcome to bring or buy your own Mat, Mat Bag, or branded BYL Yoga Towel.
- Place your mat on the floor marking: Please lay your mat down in the yoga room using the floor marking. Line the top of your mat with the black tape.
- Out of courtesy, avoid dripping sweat on the floor in the yoga room and common areas: Place a large towel on your yoga mat. Two towels are required if you sweat a lot. After class, please wipe yourself and mat down in the yoga room to keep all areas dry. This is just as a matter of courtesy as it is understood that Covid does not spread through sweat (ref: Johns Hopkins Medicine).
After Class Please Aim to Leave Promptly (within 20 Minutes)
- Depart within 20 minutes: After class, please depart the premises within 20 minutes to allow our staff to do their clean down and ensure there is plenty of space for the next group of yogis to enter. We will also be closing the studios earlier at the end of the evening for cleaning and similarly request prompt departure.
- One minute shower limit: Showers are available; however, we encourage you to use them only if absolutely needed. Please restrict any shower time to a maximum of one minute.
- Finally, be kind to your fellow yogis who may be forgetful of a protocol. We’re all learning and adapting, and a gentle reminder is usually all it takes.
Please note, the above protocols are important to follow for the health and wellbeing of our entire community, as well as that of the wider public; therefore, yogis who consistently neglect to follow any of our protocols may lose booking privileges without refund.
When we founded BYL 12 years ago, we did so with a plan to make a real difference in people’s lives. That goal remains more than ever. We’re working to come out of this better, stronger and more appreciative on an individual level of the things that really matter.
We again thank you for your support, and hope you enjoy our clean, safe environment for your hot yoga and Pilates practice!
The BYL Team
This article will be updated from time to time to reflect any changes to guidance.