How to Book LiveStream!24 March 2020
HOW TO BOOK INTO BYL’S LIVE STREAM CLASSES
1. Book into class as you normally do via our Schedule page.
- If you already have an existing BYL profile , please do not create another profile. Instead, log in here as normal, then book the class .
- If you don’t have an existing profile, then please register here, then book yourself into class.
- When booking as above, you’ll begin the option to buy a package if you don’t already have one.
2. You’ll receive a Fitgrid link around an hour before the class.
- Note, the class will only open 10-15 minutes before the scheduled start time, so if you click the link in the email before that, you won’t be able to access the class quite just yet!
- Important: The Fitgrid email can often be found in your spam/ junk folder (or promotions in gmail).
3. About 10 minutes before the class start time, click the link in your email and join in!
- Clicking the link will open the Zoom app (where we host the classes). You’ll be prompted to download it at this time if you don’t already have it.
- Once you’re in, be sure to say hi to your teacher and wave to your fellow yogis! These days we could all use a hand wave, virtual hug or high five!
- Once class commences, please be sure to mute your microphone within the Zoom app.
4. Items you’ll need for class.
- You’ll need your device (smartphone, computer, iPad, or similar table, which is set up to point towards you so the teacher and your fellow yogis can view you.
- For our Bikram yoga and Inferno Pilates classes you’ll only need a yoga mat, towel, and water.
- For our Hot Power Flow, Jivamukti and Vinyasa classes, in addition to the above, you may want to have yoga blocks handy (if you have them).
- For our Kundalini, Yin and Nidra classes, all the above, plus a comfortable firm pillow would be good to have.
We recommend you have Spotify for music based classes.
- Our standard Bikram yoga classes will not be require music playlists.
- However, classes, such as Bikram Music Beats, Jivamukti, Vinyasa, Hot Power Flow, and Inferno Pilates will often use Spotify playlists that you will need to access on your device from your Spotify account. For such music based classes, when the teacher commences the class, they will include a link to their playlist within the virtual chatroom. Clicking that link will take you to your Spotify account where you can access the playlist. When the class starts, the teacher will tell you when to hit “play” together.
>> Download Spotify for free here. There is both a free version (with ads), and a one month free of their premium (no ads) version.
IMPORTANT: Your wellbeing is very important to us, and as you will be practicing without the physical presence of a teacher in the room to effectively observe your postures, you agree to observe the following:
- Avoid pushing beyond your existing limits. When you’re practicing yoga outside the hot room, you may find that it takes longer to warm up and that you could be more prone to injury if you attempt to push too hard.
- Ensure you have a completely cleared, safe space to practice around you.
- Remove all jewelry as you would normally do in a yoga or pilates class.
- Avoid practicing if you’re unwell, or pregnant either now or within the past 6 months.
- Ensure you’re booked into our classes through the schedule page on this website. this way we know you are in the class.
- If possible, have someone present in the building who can determine if you need assistance in case of an adverse event/injury.
By participating in our live stream classes, please note that you agree that you will accept all responsibility for any injury you may sustain. In addition to the above, you agree accept our T&C’s. As much as you may want to join our classes, please avoid attending online sessions if you’re unsure as to your ability to practice safely.
Enjoy your practice, and see you in class!
Conny, Jay & the BYL Team