STUDIO PROTOCOLS22 February 2022
Updated 24 February 2022
We are pleased to confirm that our hot yoga studios at Canary Wharf and London Bridge are now open!
We’re truly excited at getting back into the hot room to experience the tingling bliss of a full-on Bikram yoga or Inferno class. If you’ve missed our online classes on BYL Live, and have like so many become ‘one with your sofa’ then not to worry! Your first session in the hot room will set you on a path to complete transformation of your body and mind!
BYL has grown, introducing its livestreamed classes to add to two superbly located hot yoga studios. Our brand new online platform is is ready, and it’s bigger, better and badder than ever!
On 24 February, 2022, government guidelines have mostly been lifted.
At the Studios
Our studio premises are well ventilated. Enjoy filtered fresh air oxygenation via air exchange units that change the air multiple times each hour. Our yoga rooms have state-of the art heating systems that continuously and actively extract air from the yoga rooms and introduce new fresh air that has passed through our industrial heaters at very high temperatures of 70-80 degrees C.
The following procedures are to help ensure we can all practice in the best possible environment.
- Only attend class if you’re in good health: If you’re feeling at all unwell (even if it’s just a cold), avoid attending the studios until you’re better. This simple protocol has always been in place to ensure everyone’s wellness.
- The studios are cashless
- To help minimise points of contact, we no longer accept cash. You’re welcome to pay for items (e.g. mats, towels, water) using our contactless card machines or buy an Account Credit (£10, £20, etc.) and create a “tab” for future purchases. Many of our yogis have enjoyed using the Account Credit system as an easy way to avoid having to carry credit cards around.
- Rent a clean mat or bring your own: As has been our practice since our founding, our rental mats are washed down and dried completely after every use. You’re also welcome to bring or buy your own Mat, Mat Bag, or branded BYL Yoga Towel.
- Out of courtesy, avoid dripping sweat on the floor in the yoga room and common areas: Place a large towel on your yoga mat. Two towels are required if you sweat a lot. After class, please wipe yourself and mat down in the yoga room to keep all areas dry. This is just as a matter of courtesy and helps prevent slippage.
After Class Please Aim to Leave Promptly (within 20 Minutes)
- Depart within 20 minutes to help minimise contact: This also allows our staff to do their clean down and to ensure there is plenty of space for the next group of yogis to enter. We will also be closing the studios earlier at the end of the evening for cleaning and similarly request prompt departure.
- Take short showers to conserve energy: By restricting your shower time to conserve water and energy, you help us keep our package prices down, and also ensures that fellow yogis can shower too, and staff can access the changing rooms for the cleandown after every class.
- No phones or cameras in the yoga room. The yoga room is a tranquil space for your practice.
- No colour liquids or chewing gum in the yoga room. Let’s keep the carpet pristine! Of course, we shampoo it regularly too!
- Finally, be kind to your fellow yogis who may be forgetful of a protocol. We’re all learning and adapting, and a gentle reminder is usually all it takes.
Please note, the above protocols are important to follow for the health and wellbeing of our entire community, as well as that of the wider public; therefore, yogis who consistently neglect to follow any of our protocols may lose booking privileges without refund.
We have voluntarily continued to limit our class capacity, though class sizes will be gradually increased over 2022.
Booking Your Classes in Advance
- You’ll need to book online in advance of attending in order to secure your spot.
- If a class is booked up, you’re welcome to join our wait list. As previously booked clients cancel themselves, wait list spots will be released one by one.
‘No-Show’ and ‘Late Cancel’ Fees
- 3 hour cancellation policy: If you are unable to attend your booked class, you can cancel your class without incurring any fees up to 3 hours before class begins.
- Late cancel window – final 3 hours: If you cancel your class within the late cancel window, you’ll be charged a reduced late cancel fee of £3 plus your class credit.
- If you neither show nor cancel your booking: a £5 no-show fee plus loss of your class credit will apply. Any fees will automatically be charged to your stored card. Once again, at this time it is important to reduce “no shows”. In order to allow everyone the opportunity to book, please cancel the class in your online account in advance if not attending.
- Check in at least 10 minutes before class: Please ensure you’re checked in with our reception desk at least 10 minutes before class starts, as waiting list spots are released during the final 10 minutes.
Wait List Protocol
- If a class is fully booked, you will have the option to join our wait list. If someone cancels more than 3 hours before class, you will be automatically moved up into the class and receive an email notification. If someone cancels less than 3 hours before class, you may be manually moved up, and it is recommended to contact the studio to check availability for the class.
- If you have been moved up into class, the same booking rules apply, and you will be charged if you do not show up.
As I Need to Book in Advance, Can I Buy a Package or Membership Online?
Certainly! BYL memberships, packages, gift cards and account top-ups can all be bought on our website Rates page.
We encourage you to secure a package or membership online to make your check-in process quick and smooth. If you need assistance or want to purchase in-studio, our front desk staff is also happy to help.
When we founded BYL in 2009, we did so with a plan to make a real difference in people’s lives. That goal remains more than ever. We’re working to come out of this better, stronger and more appreciative on an individual level of the things that really matter.
We again thank you for your support, and hope you enjoy our clean, safe environment for your hot yoga and Pilates practice!
The BYL Team
This article will be updated from time to time to reflect any changes to guidance.