Support your immune system28 August 2020
As we start to go out more frequently and interact with people, it’s important that we don’t forget fundamental points:
- Washing your hands after each contact is of paramount importance. Wash hands with hot water and soap, AND then use a hand sanitizer.
- If you live with someone who is unwell, sleep in a separate room and do not share towels, cutlery, cups etc.
- Between October and April, consider supplementing with vitamin D3 5,000 IU daily to support the immune system. Also, if you are staying inside and unable to obtain D3 from the sunshine.
- Eat at least 5 portions of vegetables + 2 fruit per day (think as many colours as possible, for a multitude of vitamins and minerals).
- Support your beneficial gut bacteria (70%+ of your immune system is in your gut) with a multi-strain probiotic supplement, as well as eating onions, garlic, leeks, oats and fermented foods like kefir, sauerkraut and kimchi.
- Take light to moderate exercise. Intense exercise puts a strain on the immune system.
- Consider taking a food-derived multivitamin with zinc.
In general, if you ever feel like you’re becoming unwell…
* Focus on rest and quality sleep. Reduce exercise
* Cut out refined sugar, alcohol and dairy products* Stay well hydrated, 2-3 litres of filtered water p/day
* Drink bone broth/chicken stock for antibacterial properties & nutrition
ABOUT STEPHANIE GOOLD – SUNSHINE NUTRITION
Stephanie worked in the Financial Services industry in the City of London for several years before deciding to change her career entirely and realise her dream of becoming a Nutritional Therapist. She retrained with the acclaimed Institute for Optimum Nutrition, completing the four-year professional-level diploma in Nutritional Therapy. She is a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapy as well as registered with the Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council government body. Book an online or telephone appointment now, the BYL community can enjoy 15% off your first package with the promo code Sunshine15.