BYL ’26 & 2′ HOT YOGA TEACHER TRAINING14 January 2020
Get Certified to Teach ’26 & 2′ with Bikram Trained Teachers
Make 2020 the year you become a certified ’26 & 2′ hot yoga teacher, with BYL’s first ever Teacher Training programme held over 9 weekends commencing 20 March!
We are pleased to announce our 200-hour Yoga Alliance certified Teacher Training Programme led by Bikram trained senior instructors, and held in partnership with Sadhana Yoga.
Based on the original Bikram method, you will be trained over a 9-week course, taught almost exclusively over weekends, to teach the classic 26 postures and 2 breathing exercises you have come to love. This programme will deepen your practice, greatly expand your knowledge of the postures as well as the philosophy and biomechanics behind the yoga, and will eventually allow you to share your passion for this yoga with the world.
This comprehensive training will cover:
• Yoga Philosophy
• The History of Yoga
• Anatomy & Biomechanics
• The Business of Yoga
• Asana Labs
• Practice Teaching
The intention behind this teacher training is to empower its participants with the knowledge base, support and confidence to teach the 26 & 2 method upon completion. We will teach you how to become an effective teacher, refine your speaking skills as well as develop sincere listening skills to make a meaningful connection with your students.
Practice, Learn & Teach the ‘26 & 2’
Our teacher training is interactive, experiential and transformative. During our asana labs, we will explore the 26 Bikram postures and two breathing exercises as well as assists, modifications, corrections and alignment in great detail.
We will cover common major injuries and diverse populations so that you feel ready to teach to a wide range of students after the training. We will also cover the effects of practicing yoga in a heated room and how to respond to different possible scenarios.
This training meets and exceeds the U.S. Yoga Alliance standards for an internationally recognised 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification. Upon successful program completion, you will be eligible to register as a certified 200-hour yoga teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance (US).
To apply for admission to this special programme, candidates will need to reasonably demonstrate the following:
- A regular yoga practice over the prior 6 months and a passion for yoga.
- Must attend at least 90% of training days (This means you can miss 2 days in total). The last weekend is compulsory as this is when the exam will take place.
- Dedicate at least 3-4 study hours a week outside of your training hours for the duration of the training (March 2020 – July 2020).
- Practice at least 30 Bikram yoga classes at BYL or with our partner studio during the training.
- Required reading assignment and a 300 word summary to be completed prior to commencement of the training.
Enjoy Firsthand Experience Teaching Classes at BYL!
Teacher trainees will enjoy a unique opportunity to experience teaching live classes at BYL’s Canary Wharf and London Bridge studios (as well as at our partner’s studio in Dalston and Clapham) and receive detailed feedback from senior teacher and BYL studio director Conny Chitnis.
This will represent a unique opportunity for those interested in teaching positions at BYL as well as potentially at other studios in London and worldwide as a 200 hour Yoga Alliance certified teacher.
Accordingly, successful graduates from the Teacher Training programme will be invited to apply for any available teaching opportunities at BYL following the training (please note that obtaining a spot on our teaching team depends on performance and availability, and is not automatically guaranteed).
For anyone not seeking to become an active teacher, this training will nonetheless provide a deep immersion into your practice to learn the yoga as teachers do.
Teacher Training Programme Dates 2020
Location – Dalston, East London
- March 20th 21st 22nd – (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- April 4th 5th (Saturday, Sunday)
- April 18th 19th (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 2nd 3rd (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 16th 17th (Saturday, Sunday)
- May 30th 31st (Saturday, Sunday)
- June 13th 14th (Saturday, Sunday)
- June 27th 28th (Saturday, Sunday)
- July 10th 11th 12th (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
- Teacher Training Programme Cost £3250
- Training enrollment requires a £750 deposit upon candidate acceptance.
- Programme participants will receive 50% off monthly access to classes at BYL and our partner’s studios during the programme. If you are on a standing order membership at BYL, we will refund half your monthly rate for the duration of the programme.
To Book Your Place
We are now accepting applications to the March 2020 ’26 & 2′ Hot Yoga Teacher Training Programme. To reserve your spot or if you are interested in learning more, please email us at [email protected]
Terms: BYL is partnering with Sadhana in offering the March 2020 teacher training. This email is for background information purposes only and does not constitute a binding agreement. When signing up to the March training programme, you will be provided a training agreement. Successful candidates graduating from the March 2020 BYL/Sadhana Teacher Training Programme will be invited to apply for teaching positions (either for permanent slots or covers) at BYL, subject to individual ability and availability on the teaching schedule. Upon successful program completion, you will be eligible to register as a certified 200-hour yoga teacher (RYT) with Yoga Alliance (US).