YIN YOGA TEACHER TRAINING7 April 2023
Dates: June 21, 22, 23, 24, 25
Location: BYL London Bridge studio
* To arrange payment in instalments, please email [email protected]
Yin Yoga is a style that only seems to be growing in popularity, both at venues in London and around the world. As Yin is featured on our weekly schedule, it is a style we believe can have a powerful place in your yoga journey.
Accordingly, we are pleased to launch BYL’s 5 day Yin Teacher Training course from 21-25 June!
Explore the Depth and Power of Yin Yoga
Yin yoga is a slow-paced, softer style of Hatha yoga where postures are held for longer periods of time, primarily on the floor. For beginners, it may range from one to two minutes. More advanced practitioners may stay in one asana for five minutes or more. Yin poses apply moderate stress to the connective tissues of the body – the tendons, fascia, and ligaments – with the aim of increasing circulation in the joints and improving flexibility. A more meditative approach to yoga, Yin aims at cultivating awareness of inner silence, and bringing to light a universal, interconnecting quality.
When combined with conscious mindfulness, internal awareness, introspection and other elements, such as Nidra and Sound, the practice of Yin can also become a highly meditative and healing tool.
Yin yoga enables the practitioner to reach more subtle layers of existence, as well as connecting to areas of the body, mind and heart that need a little extra attention. As Bernie Clark, the founder of yinyoga.com and author of several books, would say, Yin is the “other half,” and it is a necessary compliment to Yang and faster paced lives & practices.
This training is open to anyone who wants more Yin in their lives, either looking to teach Yin or just wanting to slow down and let go. The training course is led by Beth Crivelli an experienced Senior Yoga Teacher and Therapist.
After this training, you will be ready to teach and share Yin and Nidra with your students.
BYL teacher trainings are experiential and designed to produce graduates ready to hit the ground running. Our programme will cover the following:
- The basic principles of Yin Yoga. You will receive a greater understanding of the fundamental essence and benefits of Yin Yoga.
- Detailed Anatomy, tied specifically to Yin yoga.
- The main Yin Yoga poses (covered in detail).
- How to offer pose modifications and different ways to use props to accommodate different bodies, major injuries, contra-indications and conditions, allowing you to provide an inclusive experience for your students.
- Pre and post-natal adaptations and considerations.
- Teaching methodology of Yin yoga, covering many subjects, from lighting to setting up, to music, to conscious speaking, mindfulness, theming classes, breath and other key elements to leading a successful class.
- We will provide sample sequences as well as effective sequencing for inclusivity and adaptability
- Basics of Yoga Nidra, teaching you how to bring Nidra into your Yin practice. Yoga Nidra is a wonderful tool to bring calm, relaxation and tranquility to mind and body, making it a perfect complement to your Yin class.
- Daily Yin and Nidra practice.
- Daily teaching practice.
Earn Your Certification in 5 Days
The BYL teacher training programme is interactive, experiential and transformative. This programme will deepen your practice and greatly expand your knowledge of the postures, as well as the anatomy, philosophy and biomechanics behind the yoga. This is an immersive 5 days training.
The Business of Yoga: Teach Yin Full or Part Time
The Yin training will include an informative segment on The Business of Yoga, which covers what you’ll need on how to get started as a newly qualified Yin teacher.We recognise that some attendees may only be seeking to further their Yin knowledge and may not be looking to teach; however, for anyone whose goal is to teach either full or part time, this segment of our programme will be invaluable, as it will lead you through the steps you’ll need to complete to begin teaching to clients.
“Do I Qualify to Attend?”
There are no pre-requisites to attending this training. You do not need to be a certified teacher in any yoga discipline in order to attend this course.
This 50-hour Yin certification would represent a strong additional qualification to existing yoga teachers who wish to add Yin as a professional service; however, having an additional qualification in another yoga discipline is not an industry requirement to attend this training.
We aim to prepare all our graduates to lead Yin classes with competence, sharing the knowledge they have gained and bringing their passion into a rewarding full or part-time career.
If you enjoy the idea of becoming a Yin teacher or simply deepening your own practice, then this teacher training programme is highly recommended.
BOOK YOUR SPOT NOW!
Visit this link to our MindBody site to book your spot at BYL’s Yin Teacher Training!
If you would like to pay in instalments, please email us at [email protected]
About Beth Crivelli – Lead Teacher
Beth brings a wealth of knowledge and experience in teaching a number of yoga styles, as well as leading numerous Teacher Training programmes across different styles.
In 2011, Beth swapped her career as a branding and production manager in luxury fashion for sweaty shorts to become a certified Bikram yoga teacher. She has since gone on to teach thousands of classes, as well as lead a number of Teacher Trainings in Classic Hot 26&2, Yin, Vinyasa and Yoga Sculpt.
Beth is qualified in a variety of different yoga styles, including Bikram yoga, Vinyasa Flow, Yin Yoga, Jivamukti Yoga, Sound Healing, Prenatal Yoga, Yoga Therapy, Yoga Sculpt and has passed a number of anatomy courses, all totaling over 1500 hours of specialised training. In addition to teaching her various yoga styles, Beth creates bespoke yoga sequences to cater to various injuries, age groups, medical conditions and body types. She has held numerous workshops and designed many sequences and course bundles on different topics and yoga styles, while incorporating meditation, Nidra, Sanskrit chanting and breathing practices.
Over the past few years, Beth has educated and trained future yoga teachers, leading them successfully to their yoga teacher certifications. We are excited and honoured to have her join what is geared to be an exceptional BYL Teacher Training programme!
* Terms: When signing up to the Teacher Training programme, you will be provided a Training Agreement. Successful candidates graduating from the BYL Yin Teacher Training Programme will be invited to apply for teaching positions (either for permanent slots or covers) at BYL, subject to individual performance, availability on the teaching schedule and on mutual agreement. The price includes all materials and all yoga classes required as part of the training, except for “Bernie Clark’s The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga, second edition.” which you can purchase here on Amazon.