Spicy Miso Noodles19 June 2020
Enjoy a quick and easy dish with enough spice to kick your tastebuds. You can choose to make this vegetarian friendly with tofu or to add some chicken for a meaty alternative.
- 300g of egg noodles
- 1 aubergine (eggplant)
- 1 courgette
- 3 peppers, one of each colour
- 3 spring onions
- 1 thumb-size piece of freshly grated ginger
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli pepper (use a quarter if you are sensitive to spice)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of miso paste
- 1 cup of beansprouts
- Chilli flakes
- Freshly grated turmeric
- A handful of mushrooms
- Half a finely sliced red onion
- 250g of quartered, chopped Pak Choi
- * Optional 500g of diced chicken breast
- A handful of roughly chopped cashews nuts or peanuts to garnish
- 3 grated cloves of garlic
- 1/2 inch of freshly grated ginger
- Dried Thyme
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 crumbled chicken stock cube
- 1 tablespoon of honey
Mix the ingredients for your marinade together, add your chicken pieces and leave it to coat for at least 2-hours.
- Finely slice all of your vegetables, grate your ginger and garlic. Chop your chillis.
- Lightly dry fry your cashew nuts in a pan.
- Cook the noodles in a large pan of boiling water for 5 minutes (or follow the instructions on the packet), then drain and refresh with cold water.
- Add the chicken or Aubergine to the wok and stir fry until browned. Ensure that your meat is cooked.
- Add the white part of the onions, ginger and garlic and stir fry for roughly 1 minute.
- Add all of the vegetables, soy sauce, miso paste and noodles mix until there are no clumps of noodles and everything is combined.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Add a little water to create a sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and top your noodles with the lightly toasted nuts.