Support Your Immune System Using Ayurveda19 March 2020
Looking for alternative way to boost your immune system? We spoke to Dr Deepa Apte, MBBS, a medical Doctor, Ayurvedic Practitioner, Yoga Teacher and the Founder of The Ayurveda Pura Health Spa & Beauty Centre.
What Is Ayurveda?
Ayurvedic medicine is the ancient art of Indian holistic healing. Practiced for more than 5000 years it is a preventative method that awakens the body to heal itself through the use of diet and lifestyle. Meaning the ‘science of life’ (‘Ayu’ meaning life and ‘Veda’ meaning science) Ayurveda’s roots lie in Samkhya philosophies belief that optimum health is a delicate balance between mind, body and, soul.
Ayurveda and Immunity
Over the last few days/weeks, I have been asked many times for ways of strengthening immunity and the immune system in light of the viral spread. Please note what I mention here is from an Ayurvedic point of view to help strengthen the immune system and help prevent any viral illnesses. Here are several various approaches to help support the immune system. You don’t need to follow all of the suggestions below. These are just suggestions from which you can choose whatever suits you best. These suggestions are in addition to those given to you by your health practitioners and health authorities.
Dr Apte’s Top Tips
- 200 ml Hot/Warm Water on empty stomach to drink down, first thing in the morning
- Ginger Lemon Zest Tea 3 times daily after meals helps to strengthen the Agni and helps remove Ama from the body. Click Here to buy
- Alternatively you can have the Ginger Honey Chutney in hot water 2-3 times daily. Please Click Here for the recipe and details.
- Tulsi Tea is also very good on a daily basis. As Tulsi has very good respiratory system strengthening properties, it also helps to protect the lungs against any illnesses. Click Here to buy.
- Chyawanprash 1 teaspoon in a mug of hot water at 11am and 4pm which is known for a very good immune boosting effect. Click Here to buy
- Tulsi 2 capsules 2 times daily which is known as one of the best immune boosting herbs for the respiratory system and respiratory system related flus and fevers including any viral infections. Click Here to buy
- Neem 1 capsule 3 times daily helps to strengthen the liver and has very good anti viral, anti fungal properties. Click Here to buy
- Triphala 2 capsule in evening around 9pm is very essential. This is to help remove excess toxin through stools. It is very essential to make sure that there is no constipation. Constipation can make any illness worse. Click Here to buy
Dr Deepa Apté MBBS (India), YLA, BYV, ITEC, MICHT is a fully qualified Indian medical doctor (Bachelor of Medicine; Bachelor of Surgery, India), a qualified Yoga teacher (specialising in Hatha Yoga and the Sivananda tradition) and a qualified Ayurvedic practitioner. She lectures widely on Ayurveda and Yoga and regularly writes articles for magazines including Health & Fitness magazine, She magazine and Holland and Barrett’s Healthy magazine.